Ahh, the classic side dish. It may not be the main event on your plate, but that doesn’t mean it has to be uneventful and boring! Let me tell you, I have come across one heck of a side dish that I actually ended up eating as my main *guilty*, and holy YUMBALLS it packed a punch! No joke, it was like my tastebuds were singing. This may seem like an exaggeration, but give this recipe a whirl and I promise you’ll see what I mean!
Just look at it. That green! I feel like the real life heart eye emoji.
– 1 bunch of kale (de-stemmed & torn into bits)
– 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
– 100g pine nuts
– 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
– 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
– 1/2 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp ground fennel seed
– 1/2 tsp ground coriander seed
– Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat
– Add your pine nuts and toast them until golden, stirring frequently
– Throw in your chilli flakes, cumin, fennel seed, coriander and garlic
– Cook for a few more mins until the garlic becomes golden and the pine nuts are nicely toasted
– Add in your kale leaves, a bit at a time. Stir them all around until all the leaves have wilted
– Season to taste!
Simple. Tasty. Good for you. It doesn’t get much better than this!
If you make this at home, let me know how you go by commenting below or tagging me on social media! Enjoy!